- The Vector Apodizing Phase Plate: a broadband coronagraph for exoplanet detection;
- High Contrast Imaging Techniques and Optics;
- Phase Sorting Interferometry: a new method for improving adaptive optics imaging on ground based telescopes;
- Optimized Principal Component Analysis – improving the estimate of the science point spread function in direct imaging of exoplanets.
- Exoplanet imaging detection and characterization;
- Surveys for exoplanets around early type stars and disk systems with two component temperature distributions (“Holey disks”);
- Transit spectroscopy of Fomalhaut’s debris disk.